What does it mean to dream of a fairy? Today we will see the meaning of fairies in our dreams.
What is a fairy? What do fairies symbolize?
Fairies are defined as small imaginary human-shaped beings that have magical powers. They are iconic in different stories, myths, folklore and legends. There are two common types of fairies that appear in dreams, those of the “Disney” nature, where there are sweet, innocent, cute fairies who ring bells and help people.
Of course, not all of them are friendly or cute. Many fairies that appear in folklore often cause great mischief and mystery. Taking note of whether the symbol was positive or negative in your dream can help you better understand what it could mean.
Common Dream Themes: What It Means to Dream About a Fairy
Many times in our dreams we will see recurring themes. These topics can give us a practical insight into what is going on in our lives.
Magic and Mystery
Very little is known about these little creatures that we have so many stories about, so of course magic and mystery can be a prominent theme whenever one can appear in our dreams. Sometimes these beings can possess special and magical powers.
If this seems to be part of your dream, you may wonder if your life could use a little magic on it. Conversely, it may seem like a warning sign to avoid desires. Not everything can be easily solved with magic.
shenanigans and games
In many popular legends, these creatures are known to be very troublesome. They often play pranks and create illusions for others. While a little light fun is good in moderation, sometimes it can go too far. Do you feel that someone is not being completely honest with you? Do you have a hard time trusting someone in your life?
Sometimes someone dreams of these creatures because they are in an unhealthy relationship. They may be “desiring” that this person is the magical answer to their problems, but in reality the person may not have pure intentions.
imagination and creativity
Naturally we don’t see fairies in our daily lives very often. For this reason, many people consider them simply characters of our imagination. Although there is no way to prove whether fairies are real or not, it can be a wonderful way to unleash your imagination and tune in to your own creativity.
Sometimes this dream symbol will appear to remind us that we need to use creative measures to solve a problem. It can also give us insight into whether we should be hopeful for positive outcomes or whether we may need a reality check to stay grounded in our lives.
Examples of fairy dreams and their meanings
- If the fairy you dreamed about was pretty, sweet and innocent, it probably represents your inner child and your game.
- Dreaming of a fairy flying innocently can mean that you need to get back in touch with your creative self and inner child. It can also symbolize your happiness and joy with your life.
- If you dream that a fairy is playing tricks on you, it may be that there is a situation in which you do not fully trust someone. This could symbolize that someone is not being totally honest with you, or that you are lying to yourself.
- Dreaming that you are playing a prank on someone may mean that you are questioning how you feel about someone. You may feel that someone is a nuisance or an annoyance, or that your behavior may annoy others.
- Dreaming of a fairy house can mean that you are curious about the hidden parts of other people you meet in your life, or even possibly interested in discovering and exploring some hidden part of yourself.
- Dreaming of capturing a fairy can mean that you are chasing ideas that may not be realistic. You may be trying to get something that is not easily achieved. It can also mean that you feel stuck with the current situations in your life.
To understand your dream about fairies, ask yourself these questions
What words describe the fairy?
Choose 5 words that describe the fairy in detail. Do any of these words represent characteristics in you or someone you know?