A lion in our dreams can have a number of different meanings. To understand the meaning of your lion dream, it helps to understand some common lion dream interpretations and to look carefully at other symbols in the dream.
Common interpretations of dreaming of a lion
Here are some common interpretations of what it means to dream of a lion:
- Pride: Lions live in pride, and in dreams a lion can often mean pride. Is there something in your waking life that you are proud of?
- Anger/Temper : Lions are often seen as fierce and formidable animals. Seeing a lion in your dream can symbolize your own anger or short temper, or someone else’s anger in your life recently. It is not unusual to dream of a lion after a heated argument or experiencing a lot of anger.
- Control/Power/Leadership : Lions, often also known as the “king of the jungle“, can also be a great symbol of control, power and leadership.
- Anxiety/fear : If you are afraid of the lion attacking you in the dream, it symbolizes your own fears and anxieties. Pay close attention to the rest of the dream for clues about what’s troubling you.
- Strength: A lion in your dreams can symbolize your own strength or the strength of someone you know. The force can be physical, but it is often emotional in our dreams.
Tips to interpret your lion dream
You will always be the best interpreter of your dreams, as dreams are a deeply unique and personal experience. While the common lion symbols mentioned above may give you an idea, here are some tips to better understand the meaning of your dream.
Describe the Lion in 5 words: Think of 5 words that describe the lion. These 5 words will give you an idea of what the dream symbol means.
Pay attention to the environment and the context: Dreaming of a lion in a jungle is very different from dreaming of a lion in a house. The scenario and the context of the dream will help you better understand the meaning of the dream of the lion.
How did you feel in the dream? Your feelings and emotions in the dream can also help you understand the meaning of the dream. Did you feel scared by the lion? Did the lion make you feel powerless? Identifying emotions in the dream can help you identify the emotions you feel subconsciously when you wake up.
What events are happening in your life? Think carefully about the events that are happening in your life. Could a lion somehow be a symbol of what is going on in your current life?
The lion is also the zodiac symbol for the astrological sign Leo . This sign appears on the calendar during the months of July and August, from July 23 to August 22. Do you know someone currently in your life who has a Leo birth date? Or, do you have any events planned for this time of year?