What does it mean to dream of a tiger? If you are wondering about the symbolism of the tiger as a meaning of a dream or spirit animal, learning about what the tiger means as a symbol can be very useful for you in your life!
What does it mean to dream of tigers?
The tiger is a large and powerful cat native to India. It is commonly associated with presence in jungle environments, although tigers can be found in other parts of the world. Today, it is not uncommon to see a tiger in even the largest of cities at the local zoo or animal park. A tiger reminds us to follow our natural instincts and intuition.
Often a tiger appearing in dreams or as a spirit animal means that there is a lot of energy and emotional work to be done to fully overcome a challenge or to thrive in a situation. The tiger has been a symbol used as a mascot for many companies, as well as in songs. The Rocky movie song “Eye of a Tiger” and the Katy Perry song “Roar” are examples of how a tiger can be a symbol of strength and overcoming obstacles.
Here are some ways that tigers can appear in our dreams.
- Being chased by a tiger: If you dream that a tiger is chasing you, it is likely that you are running away from your own personal feelings and emotions. You may be afraid of power, whether it is fear of assuming your own power or fear of someone who has power and control over you. It can be helpful to learn how to deal with nightmares and what it means to be haunted in a dream.
- Dreaming of sleeping tigers: A sleeping tiger can mean that there is some hidden force in your life. This “hidden force” could be your own special talents and strengths or it could mean that there is something going on in your life that you are not quite expecting.
- Dreaming of tigers on the hunt: Tigers are at the “top of the food chain” so to speak and are often associated with hunting their prey. The hunter as a character archetype in dreams can mean that he is very goal oriented and works to be successful in business or in his personal life. In dreams, it can mean that you need to think about your “plan of attack” in a situation.
- Dreaming of a white tiger : White tigers are not common in nature, so in a dream this can mean that something is of special importance . A white tiger symbolizes rarity and unique intuitive gifts. Understanding the meaning of colors in dreams can be helpful in understanding more about what the color of the tiger can mean.
- Dreaming of baby tigers: Baby tigers are undoubtedly adorable and can often be a symbol of innocence in our dreams. They may be starting to awaken their own inner strength or starting a new project that will require overcoming obstacles and trusting their intuition.
Meaning of Common Tiger Symbols
What does the tiger symbolize? What can it mean if we have a tiger as a spirit guide or power animal? Understanding the traits and characteristics of a tiger can often help you explore your own deep feelings and intuitive gifts. Understanding the wisdom and message of the tiger can give us a lot of information about our feelings. It may soon be obvious why it might show up in our dreams and waking life.
Here is the wisdom of the tiger symbol
Trust your intuition and instincts tigers are very instinctive animals. Seeing a tiger could mean that you need to further develop your own intuition or that your natural instincts have meaning. If you are faced with a situation in your life where you “just have a gut feeling” about something, this is a hunch you might want to consider following when a tiger is also present in dreams or as a common symbol of everyday life.
Sometimes this can also mean that you want to be more intuitive, but you’re not sure how to trust your intuition. You may not believe that you have any special intuitive abilities, but the truth is that science has shown that we are all capable of using intuition. Our intuition is like a muscle, it just needs to be used to develop!
The tiger as an animal in its natural habitat is one of the most powerful animals in the entire jungle. Tigers are quite intelligent, and strong too . These two things make it very easy for a tiger to successfully hunt in its environment. Think about your feelings of power and strength in your current life. Do you feel that you are strong enough to face your current challenges?
The tiger can appear as a sign and symbol to fully awaken and step into your own power. Ask yourself: What are my strengths in life, and how can I use them to benefit myself and others?
Face your fears and weaknesses
Tigers are often associated with the dark side of our human psyche. Each of us has things that we fear, whether it be something emotional or physical in our lives. You may also have weaknesses in life, such as a bad habit or a skill that is not fully developed.
This often means that we must learn to accept ourselves as we are, flaws and all. Learning to embrace the negative and dark sides of ourselves can help us become a fully aware and developed person in this lifetime.The Tiger as an animal of power and spiritual guide
A tiger is often a spirit animal, and in the practice of soul retrieval it is often assigned as a power animal to be a guide that supports you through the challenges you may currently be experiencing in your life.
Tigers often enter our lives and dreams metaphorically as a symbol of strength and power. Because of this, we most often associate this majestic cat with the solar plexus chakra. If you are experiencing feelings of loss of control or dealing with even physical symptoms of stomach pain or ulcers, the tiger as a spirit animal can help you through your challenges.