Dream about Torture
Dreaming of being tortured represents feelings of powerlessness or being a victim. Feelings of having endured emotional pain, hardship, or a terrible experience.
Meanings of dreaming about Torture
- A relationship or situation intentionally causes you distress.
- Feeling unable to free yourself from a problem that has no end.
- Feelings of having to see or experience something unpleasant for a long period of time. Trouble keeping a secret.
- Negatively, torture in a dream may reflect you or someone else displaying sadomasochistic behavior.
- Enjoy the pain or suffering of others. Seeing others suffer or fear violence on television. Feel unbearable pressure.
Dreaming of children being tortured represents feelings of victimization of some area of your life that has potential.
The unbearability of not being able to explore new ideas or possibilities.see dream
Dreaming of policemen and their meaning
Feeling punished or forced to suffer for wanting to do something new.
- Example: A man dreamed of being tortured by the Germans. Upon awakening, he worried that he would be yelled at for revealing a secret that he felt was too difficult to keep.
- Example 2: A woman dreamed of seeing a man who wanted to torture her. In waking life she felt that her boss liked to take any opportunity to humiliate and pressure her.
- Example 3: A young man dreamed of seeing someone being tortured. Upon waking up, he had a yeast infection that was causing life-destroying physical problems for him and making him endure those feelings every day.