When one dreams of the mighty ocean, it is full of emotions that are deep and strong like the tides.
Dreaming of water, but more particularly the ocean, is one of the most common symbols that humans have more often. This is because we are mainly made of water and the strongest containment of this element is the Ocean. There is nothing more beautiful and intense, as well as potentially terrifying, than this gigantic body of water.
In this dream you may have…
- …fallen from a boat into the ocean with the feeling of drowning symbolizing a metaphorical drowning in all the emotions of your life.
- Experienced a tidal wave about to crash into you. Tidal waves are common examples of intense stress or worry that literally hit you and tear you apart. When this happens, it’s best to try to sort through your feelings as quickly as you can.
- Survived an ocean tidal wave.
- He saved others from drowning in the ocean.
Positive changes are afoot if..
- When you fell off the ship, you decided to comfortably swim with the animals of the ocean, thus showing your ability to thrive in any environment, as well as to accept your emotions for what they are.
- You survived an ocean tidal wave showing that you are versatile and strong enough to handle even the most dangerous tides.
- You saved others from drowning. You are a counselor and a helper. You assist others and keep them from drowning in their own emotions.
- You decide to go swimming in the ocean voluntarily.
The detailed meaning of the dream…
For Men: Men are typically challenged when it comes to feeling or being comfortable with expressing emotions. Therefore, they are most likely to have to push through these types of dreams, simply because they have no other way out. When this happens, the man must become one with the problem at hand so that he can stop drowning in the Ocean of inverted emotions. Expression, of any kind, is going to help…preferably productive expression.
For women: Women are, in general, intuitive creatures and although it is not so difficult for them to express their emotions, they get just as caught up in them when things go wrong. Usually this is the result of doing too much and therefore they need to be careful to manage their emotions in a constructive way that makes their needs vocalized and not internalized.
For everyone: Dreaming of being at sea or stranded in an ocean indicates that you feel lost with your emotions or that you are not on land. This may indicate that you need to have a more solid foundation in your life. When you have this kind of dreams it can also indicate that your wishes are out of reality in waking life.
This dream is associated with the following scenarios in your life…
- emotional disorders
- Divorces/relationship endings.
- Frustrations from friends/family.
- Busy life worries.
Feelings you may have encountered during a dream of the ocean…
Comfort. Sensation. Emotion. Frustrated. Afraid. Unknown. Loving. Compassionate. Of course. Communicative. Happy. Happy. Loved. Intuitive. Present. Free flow. Adaptable. Strong.