Dream interpretation of losing a tooth :
1. To dream of losing your teeth. The interpretation of the dream is as follows: There will be quarrels with others. There is also a bad time in the event. To be clear, there is a risk of water disaster. Boating, surfing, swimming , fishing, etc. should be completely banned. Also be careful while doing other recreational activities.
2. People will lose their teeth in two situations: that is, when they are gradually aging and when they are developing; then, tooth loss in dreams generally also has two meanings: the sorrow of aging and the joy of growth. Freud believed that tooth loss was a symbol of castration. If this is a dream of a boy, it would be easy to understand. Everyone knows that men have a “castration complex.” But this is a girl’s dream. Do girls also have “castration complex”? Indeed, Freud believes that girls’ “castration complex” is mainly manifested in “penis jealousy”, that is, the desire to have a masculine penis. From the perspective of modern feminism, Freund’s view is a bit machismo, masculine-centered, and self-inflated; but at least one fact is said: female personality also has a masculine side.
If you are still unsatisfied with the performance of your female character, this dream indicates that the dreamer wants to weaken or remove the masculine side of her own. Perhaps she thinks that this is what makes her feelings and work unsatisfactory. I also speculated earlier. Her personality may be very strong, not a little birdy. It is also true that such girls are often not taken care of by men around them in life and in the workplace, and they are not recognized…
3. When you dream of loose or falling teeth , you should first see if there is something wrong with your teeth. Maybe the teeth are slightly loose and you didn’t pay attention during the day, so your “primitive” reminded you in the dream. .
But it’s not often that the tooth is faulty, but what is going on when you dream of losing a tooth ?
In the past, the folk saying that the old man would die if he lost his teeth was a kind of superstition. But sometimes the tooth loss and the death of the old man do occur one after another. Why?
Because when people faintly feel that the old man is about to die, the “primitives” will indeed tell you by losing their teeth. Because teeth are exposed bone tissue, tooth loss means “separation of flesh and blood.”
Since dreaming of tooth loss is indeed related to the death of the old man or other relatives , why do I still say that “the old man who lost his tooth to death” is a superstition? That is because tooth loss not only has this meaning, it also has many other meanings.
Tooth loss also means “lost face” or “destroy self-image”, because tooth loss will affect your face. Losing a tooth also means not being cautious in speaking, because a lost tooth is something to be vomited out of the mouth, which is similar to words. In addition, it can also express patience, that is, as the saying goes, “knock off the teeth and swallow it in the stomach”; it means that you lose the right to decide your actions, because teeth can also symbolize determination.
Western dream interpretation of missing teeth in a dream:
1. One of the main sources of dreams is physiological stimulation, so the meaning of some dreams is the physiological situation that directly reflects. For example, many people may have dreams of looking for the toilet in the dream, and most of them go straight to the bathroom after waking up. Convenient, in fact, this is a dream caused by the bladder being swollen with urine. Therefore, dreaming of tooth loss may also be caused purely by physiological factors, such as cavities or tooth disease.
2. Dreaming of tooth loss symbolizes psychological regression or growth. Tooth loss can also express two opposite feelings. One is the sorrow of aging, because people will lose their teeth when they are old. The second is the joy of growth, because when children grow up they will lose their deciduous teeth for new ones. No matter how old the dreamer is, as long as he feels old or old-fashioned, he may have the former dream of losing his teeth. Similarly, as long as he feels growing, abandoning the old and seeking the new, he may have the latter dream of losing his teeth.
Freud believes that tooth loss is a symbol of castration. A boy dreams of losing a tooth means he is afraid of being castrated, and this fear of being castrated is related to his potential hostility with his father. We can admit that tooth loss sometimes symbolizes castration. However, castration itself also has a deeper symbolic meaning, that is, “loss of masculinity”.
We can often find such a situation: the father is too strict and authoritarian, and the son is very repressive. If the son is weak, he will be suppressed by his father’s authority, so the son becomes very honest, conscientious, and cowardly. Although such a son was not “castrated” physically, he actually lost his masculinity and was “castrated” psychologically. If a boy faces this situation, he will dream of being castrated, or take a step back and be more concealed, and dream of losing his teeth. This of course contains hostility to the father, but more of it is not so much hostility as fear of the father.
3. Dreaming of losing a tooth may shake the original firm belief. Teeth are the strongest things in our bodies, so they are also a symbol of solidity. And for us, what is psychologically related to firmness? The answer is, for example, beliefs, traditions, values, worldviews, and so on. Therefore, dreaming of tooth loss also symbolizes that our original belief system may be shaken.
4. Dreaming of tooth loss indicates that there is a problem with the interpersonal relationship. Teeth grow in the mouth. As the saying goes, “articulate” means that a person is very good at talking when interacting with others. Therefore, teeth are related to a person’s interpersonal communication. If a tooth is lost , it may symbolize a person’s interaction with others. Problem.
5. Dreaming of tooth loss means that you want to lose weight. One of the biggest functions of teeth is to chew food, and teeth are lost. Its subtext is actually that you can’t chew food. Why should a person chew and refuse food? We know that obesity and eating more are closely related, and tooth loss , Then people must not eat more, so naturally they will lose weight. Therefore, dreaming of losing teeth also symbolizes that the dreamer himself feels that he is too fat and wants to lose weight.
The specific meaning of tooth loss in a dream can only be determined according to the meaning of the context.
Psychological dream interpretation
Dream interpretation: In real life, many people have dreamed of losing their teeth. In our country and some western countries, people in my country and some western countries have circulated that dreaming of losing their teeth indicates disasters for their relatives at home. In the ancient book Zhougong’s Interpretation of Dreams, it was clearly stated that tooth loss was a symbol of “there is funeral at home”. Why? Because when people faintly feel that the old man is about to die, the subconscious will indeed tell you by losing the tooth. Because teeth are exposed bone tissue, tooth loss means “separation of flesh and blood.”
Psychological analysis: dreaming of tooth loss symbolizes psychological regression or growth. Tooth loss can also express two opposite feelings. One is the sorrow of aging, because people will lose their teeth when they are old. The second is the joy of growth, because when children grow up they will lose their deciduous teeth for new ones. No matter how old the dreamer is, as long as he feels old or old-fashioned, he may have the former dream of losing his teeth. Similarly, as long as he feels growing, abandoning the old and seeking the new, he may have the latter dream of losing his teeth. Dreaming of losing a tooth may shake the original firm belief. Dreaming of tooth loss symbolizes that there is a problem with the interpersonal relationship. Dreaming of losing teeth signifies that you want to lose weight.
Spiritual symbol: Tooth is the strongest thing in our human body, so it is also a symbol of sturdiness. And for us, what is psychologically related to firmness? The answer is, for example, beliefs, traditions, values, worldviews, and so on. Therefore, dreaming of tooth loss also symbolizes that our original belief system may be shaken.